Friday, August 26, 2016

Digger Crayfish

So today I had the most fun, we went to remove the forms from the culvert.
And I was checking a small water puddle for Frogs.  And I saw a Digger Crayfish rolling a ball of mud out of its tunnel building a tower.
So here are some of the photo's from the Crayfish!

 very small crayfish



Digger Crayfish tower still opened 
 Crayfish Tower
 this tower shows all the mud balls that the crayfish
rolls out of its tunnel
 So the most amazing life of a Digger Crayfish is that 
it can stay dormant in the ground until the rains come again.
Then it creates more tunnel's when the ground is wet.
 I can't believe that this digger crayfish was pushing mud out of its tunnel
to build a tower

I have been waiting to see one of these digger crayfish
for a long time, they had the cool tower's in 
the ditch's of Missouri also, but I never got to see the
little creature while it worked.
So Cool!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment