Wednesday, June 8, 2016

102 House and the Young Elders Service Project

We had an offer to help out, and I jumped at the chance to let them help us.  The young elders volunteered to help us with the house.  Next to the 102 house, is another house called the office.  It is empty, and had some oak cabinets that could be used in the 102 house.  and the 102 yard needed some clean-up and the trash hauled to the burn pile.  So "Service,"Smile".

 1st coat of sheet rock mud needs more time to dry!
 Elder Gibson standing on the new floor.
 Gerald caulking the windows
 Hello Elders
 The young Elders came to help with the 102 house!
 Elder Mendoza from Honduras, and Elder Hollingstead from California.
Cleaning up the outside of the yard, and taking the removal product to the burn pile.
 This house is called the Office.
The Elders are removing the cabinets.
Elder Schumacher from California, and Elder Lehman from California.
Tearing down the upper cabinets.


We had a wonderful day with the help of the Elders, they came they hauled junk of the yard, they removed the cabinets from the house.  And helped me load them on the truck, and we moved them over to the 102 house, so that I can clean up the cabinets to be reused in the 102 house.  It was so wonderful to have their help they saved me many days of work.  When I say I, I do mean me, that was my job to clean up and get the cabinets to be ready for use.  Great job Elders and Thank You for your service. 

No comments:

Post a Comment